Thursday, May 20, 2010

To Carb or Not to Carb... Diabetes Blog Week- Day4 + then some...

I'm a carber. I like carbs. Maybe even too much.

I think I learned how to stuff my face a little too well when on MDI. Because I always needed half-doses of insulin I had to eat to cover my insulin a lot. I don't think I fully realized how many carbs I was eating until I started on the pump and things got much more precise. I was glad for that, because it meant I have a lot fewer lows... but it was a little shocking! Also, I found that some carbs that were okay on MDI are just too difficult to bother with (at least on a regular basis) when I switched to the pump. Pasta and rice are a pain. I always end up spiking at some unforseen time. And, bread is just tricky to judge...

Anyway, basically I like carbs and I'm going to continue liking the carbs, but we're still figuring out how best to work together :)

I thought this was a funny carb joke... meat is soooo clueless ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol
I agree that without a long lasting insulin, some foods become more difficult to dose.

Virtue said...

i forgot pretzels. pretzels are evil too.

Post a Comment